Brannoxtown CNS school policies are for children, parents and staff. Their goal is to ensure children at Brannoxtown CNS learn and develop in a happy, safe environment.
- Policies are developed with staff, parents (and children, as appropriate) and approved by the Board of Management.
- The most recent date of publication is listed in brackets after the policy title.
- Policies are working documents, generally reviewed annually, or sooner.
- Policies and procedures will evolve with our school as it grows.
- Thank you for taking the time to read through school policies for Brannoxtown CNS.
Brannoxtown CNS policies are continually monitored, reviewed and improved to ensure they are fit-for-purpose for our school community. Parents’ feedback is always welcome using the Policy Feedback Form.
- BCNS Acceptable Use Policy (09/19)
- BCNS Admissions Policy – School year 2024/2025 (06/23)
- BCNS Administration of Medicines Policy (12/20)
- BCNS Anti-BullyingPolicy (10/22)
- BCNS Assessment and Reporting Policy (06/21)
- BCNS Attendance and Punctuality Policy (04/21)
- BCNS Child Protection – Safety Statement & Risk Assessment (10/22)
- BCNS Child Safeguarding Risk Assessment: Covid-19 (10/20)
- BCNS Class Size & Class Progression Policy (10/22)
- BCNS Code of Behaviour / Positive Behaviour Policy (11/21)
- BCNS Communications with Parents Policy (10/22)
- BCNS Critical Incident Policy (05/20)
- BCNS Fire Safety Policy (06/21)
- BCNS First Aid, Accident and Injury Policy (05/20)
- BCNS Health, Safety and Wellbeing Policy (02/21)
- BCNS Healthy Eating Policy (06/21)
- BCNS Lone Workers Policy (06/21)
- BCNS Special Educational Needs (SEN) Policy (11/21)
- BCNS Supervision Policy (02/20)
- BCNS Uniform Policy (02/20)
Covid-19 Response Plan
The documents below, taken together, are the Response Plan for Brannoxtown CNS. All documents were completed for school reopening and are updated as needed to reflect changes to government/HSE policy as well as feedback and input from our stakeholders–children, parents, staff, members of the Board of Management, our patron, KWETB, and relevant others.
Covid-19 Response Plan: Overview
BCNS-COVID-19 Staff Return to Work Form
BCNS-COVID-19 Cleaning Framework
BCNS-COVID-19 Risk Assessment
BCNS-COVID-19 Physical Distancing
BCNS-COVID-19 Management Checklist
School self-evaluation (SSE) is a collaborative, inclusive, reflective process of internal school review. The Framework for SSE (below) sets out a six-step, iterative process of self-evaluation in schools.
To engage with the SSE process, the staff at Brannoxtown CNS began by asking the following questions:
How well are we doing? How do we know? How can we find out more? What are our strengths and areas for improvement? How can we improve?
We identified the Wellbeing as the focus of our SSE for the 2022/2023 school year.