Green-Schools is an international environmental education programme, which enables schools to take environmental issues from the curriculum and apply them to the day-to-day running of their school.
At Brannoxtown CNS, we are working towards our first flag for Litter and Waste. Our Green School Committee have written a Green Code and are working on reducing our waste across the school.
So far this year we have been working hard to earn our Green Schools flag by:
- attending regular meeting,
- identifying the school’s ‘litter black spots’,
- picking litter,
- monitoring the school’s waste.
Our Next Steps are to:
- encourage ‘Naked lunches’ at our school,
- have a ‘Week of Action’,
- have a book swap session to encourage reusing our reading books.
Here are some resources you might find useful to use at home:
- Environmental Protection Agency Preventing Food Waste at Home
- Eastern-Midlands Waste Region
Our first meeting of the year in September 2019