The Active School Flag (ASF) initiative is a Department of Education and Skills initiative (DES) supported by Healthy Ireland (HI) which aims to get more schools, more active, more often. It is awarded to schools that strive to achieve a physically educated and physically active school community. Please take a moment to watch our video which details some of the elements of the Active School initiative in Brannoxtown CNS.
Active HOME Week Challenge
National “Active SCHOOL Week” takes place every April and is an enjoyable part of the school year for many children. This year, because of the school closure, it is not possible for this to go ahead so we are inviting the families in our school and our school community to take part in the “Active HOME Week” Challenge instead.
During Active HOME Week:
- We are inviting families to incorporate at least 60 minutes of physical activity into the day.
- We are encouraging children to find NEW ways of being physically active that they ENJOY.
- We are raising awareness about the fact that children need at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day.
To complete the challenge:
- Children are encouraged to find four different ways of being active every day (Monday to Sunday), making sure that they add up to 60 minutes.
- Children record their physical activity on the Challenge Chart or draw a similar chart and share it with us.
- Children can use the Ideas Word Cloud for inspiration or come up with their own ideas.
Let’s Get Active Every Day!
Active HOME Week Ideas
Check out our Active HOME Week Padlet. Here you will find lots of ideas for indoor and outdoor physical activity. Remember to have fun with these ideas and to record the activity on your Challenge Chart.